4 1/2 Years Diploma Course 2023 – 2027
Starting in May 2023 Pure Yoga will be offering an outstanding yoga teacher diploma course. It covers a total of 1200 hours over a period of 4 1/2 years and will end in October 2027.
The course will be led by Bruno Dietziker. Special guest lecturers will be invited to teach theme-specific portions of the training.
The course takes place on 8 weekends per year in the beautiful yoga studio‘Yogazentrum am Weiher’outside of Zurich. An additional two weeks per year will be spent in training in the magic ‘Felsentor’ and the ‘Center of Unity Schweibenalp’, two ideal and fabulous nature places of unique power, offering stunning views of the alps and over lake Lucerne as well as lake Brienz. Fotos of the ‘Felsentor’ you can find here. And of the ‘Center of Unity Schweibenalp here.
Upon completion of the course, participants will submit a written dissertation.
One of the main aims of this unique diploma course is the rediscovery, preservation and transmission of the true yogic tradition. Participants will have the opportunity to rediscover yoga as an art and science and acquire a wide knowledge and expertise of yoga upon completion of the course.
The course content will be split approximately 50/50 between yoga theory and practice and will be taught in English and German.
Detaild information about your application process you will find further down in the 5 Pdf.-Documents under the heading ‘Detailed Information’.
- The study of various scriptures and ‘views of life’: Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutras, Hatha-(Yoga)-Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Tantra as well as the ‘views of life’ known as Niaya, Vaisesika, Vedanta, Mimamsa, Yoga, Samkhya, Buddhism, Jainism, Charvak and the Kybalion.
- Yoga and Mental Health (Psychology)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic Practices
- Yogic Therapy
- Nutrition, Diet, Natural Health
- Science and Spirituality (Quantum Physics)
- Traditional Hatha Yoga
- B.K.S. Iyengar Yoga
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Viniyoga (Ayuryoga)
- Kriya Yoga
- Yogic cleansing and healing techniques
- Asanas: correct alignment, use, applications and contraindications. Adjustments with hands-on!
- Pranayama or breath control techniques to regulate the flow of Prana in the body
- Mudras and Bandhas
- Meditation techniques
- Devotional chanting: Mantras, Kirtans, Bhajans, Sutras, Stotras and Shatakams
Other Key Topics
- Sun Salutations
- Community (Sangham)
- Sequencing of classes, teaching methodology and pedagogy
- Main Brochure 4 1/2 Years Yoga Teacher Training Course (PDF)
- Panel Guest Speakers 2023 – 2027 (PDF)
- Application Form & Questionnaire (PDF)
- General Terms and Conditions of Participation (PDF)
- Course-Dates 1st Year (PDF)
Southern Indian Kollam Art spontaneously created by the participants of the Yoga Teacher Training Course during their final weekend
Reviews published on the website of Yoga Alliance
Participating in the Pure Yoga by Bruno Dietziker teacher-training program is a once in a lifetime chance to dig deep, very deep into the ancient science of yoga. I could think of no better place for any serious student, who wants to build a solid base – in theory and practice. Not only is Bruno Dietziker himself an extremely skilled yogi and experienced teacher, but also has he managed to win wonderful and excellent guest teachers, such as Sundar Dreyfus, Claus Grzesch, Diego Hangartner, Jürg Hedinger, Andreas Mayer, Kirti Pal Singh Tomar, Susanne Pieper, Sandra Scherer, Ansgar Schöberl, Ronald Steiner and Katia Wharton. A truly unique endeavor: passion meets excellence. Anja Kroll
Bruno has been an excellent teacher and I have seen no other program which is nearly as broad but without compromising on depth as his. I can only recommend him and the Pure Yoga YTT! Anais Sägesser
Rating of the School on the Website of Yoga Alliance
Overall Score: 10 out of 10 points (Average of all reviews)
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Bruno Dietziker directly at +41 79 416 19 02 or use the contact form. He will be very happy to accomodate you!